Registration for ArtShots 2015 is now open!
It sounds easy enough, but filmmakers who’ve participated in ArtShots tell us it’s more difficult than they imagined. Here’s how it works:
- We match each participating filmmaker with one prominent artist or arts organization.
- We give them two weeks to create a 90-second sizzle clip that captures the essence of the artist.
- Bay Area filmmakers and artists from Berkeley to Santa Cruz, from Santa Rosa to Gilroy are invited to participate.
- Filmmakers pay a $40 registration fee and are eligible to compete for top prizes. Artists and arts organizations do not pay a registration fee.
- Completed entries are submitted to the ArtShots jury for consideration to appear in the gala Awards and Highlights show. Top entries may qualify for exhibition in other events and performance venues.
Past ArtShots clips have appeared in theater pre-show entertainment, at film festivals, in online entertainment programming streams, and at community arts events like San Jose’s South First Fridays.
Filmmakers, artists, and arts organizations can register here: http://schoolhouseearthtickets.ticketleap.com/artshots-2015-registration/
Filmmakers will meet their assigned artist at the Kickoff Party on Friday, April 10. They will submit their finished ArtShots entries by April 24. Top clips will be screened at the Awards Gala on May 8th.